Effective recruitment is the backbone to any successful business, too often though we don’t take the time to recruit effectively resulting in disappointment and poor hires! To help you improve your recruiting, please read below the top 10 tips on effective recruitment.
- Review the role you are hiring for i.e. make sure you have identifed the key duties and attributes required from the role
- Be clear in your advertisement about the requirements, skills and qualifications needed for the role to effectively carry out the duties you have previously identified
- Draft and review your advertisement to ensure it features the key duties, qualifications, skills and attributes. Also provide a brief overview of your organisation and its location to ensure you are attracting candidates that meet your selection criteria
- Create a shortlist of suitable candidates by assessing each candiate based on your selection criteria
- Organise interviews and provide candidates with at least 48 hours notice of the interview
- Prepare for the interview. Develop your questions prior to the interview based on the duties and requirements of the role
- Remember the interview is a two way forum – it provides an opportunity for you as an employer to gather information about a candidate whilst it provides a forum for candidates to gather information about you and your business!
- Undertake reference checks
- Make offers promptly – don’t waste time!
- Support new employees with an induction programme to assist them in getting up to speed with your business as quickly as possible to maximise productivity and reduce costs!
For further information on effective recruiting please contact email@example.com